Sunday, August 5, 2012

Our Initial Project.

When we moved in, there were these really cool crate shelves already in the kitchen. I liked them, but knew they could be turned into something better. We were painting the whole house, and so I figured a quick and easy solution would be to paint them white or cream, along with the trim. After painting just the pull-out shelves, I realized how tedious it would be to paint the rest. The problem was I had already put one coat of paint on one of the crate insides.

After I had resolved to paint it, my mom had an idea. Why not paint just one shelf and paint our initial in the background? That way, I wouldn't have to paint the entire unit.


I LOVE the way it turned out.


I even like the imperfections in the A.



And now I don't have to spend hours and hours painting all that raw wood! Success. Thanks mom.

Polly

1 comment:

Britt said...

Love your solution and the "A" :) Can't wait to see what else y'all do with the farm!