Thursday, September 6, 2012

Farmer's Market.

Last weekend, we went to the local farmer's market. It was a fun day. It's a huge farmer's market; several loading docks long. It had all sorts of different produce and people, and Tom and I had a great time negotiating, tasting, and buying fruits and nuts.



The pineapple was probably my favorite purchase. I love all sorts of fruits, but pineapple is that perfect balance between sweet and sour. Yummy.


We also bought a huuuuuge watermelon. It probably weighed forty pounds. As Tom is the only one who loves watermelon in our house, we decided to take it to our church group and share the love. It was completely eaten by the end of the night.


I also attempted to cook some plantains. They turned out...interesting. Tom ended up eating all of them with a good spoonful of Nutella.





The last thing we bought that we were excited about were pecans. While I love eating pecans just on their own, they're even better cooked with cinnamon and sugar. I made them with this recipe here.


All in all, it was a super fun weekend.


P.S. While messing about with the settings on my new camera, I forgot to take off the timestamp option. So you can see the lovely orange timestamp. :) Oops!

No comments: