Friday, September 7, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie.

Is there anything more country (and delicious)  than chicken pot pie?

I was craving some goodness and decided to make this recipe. Of course, I added my own twist. Neither Tom nor I like mushrooms, so I substituted frozen corn and it was DELICIOUS!



Cut four carrots.


 Instead of rotisserie chicken, I used three perfect chicken breasts.


 About 2 cups each of frozen peas and frozen corn.


 Five tablespoons of butter


 and about 1/4 cup of flour


 Stir together in a pan with 4 cups of chicken broth (not shown).


 Dump everything together and mix in a 9x13 baking dish along with some salt and pepper.


 Roll two piecrusts together (for the extra goodness).


 Cut two slits and you're ready to go.


Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, then turn down to 350 for another 30-40 or so. 

I'm getting hungry just looking at it. It is delicious. Yum yum yum!




1 comment:

Britt said...

I can testify that it's even yummier than it looks! Thanks for the recipe :)